Sunday, July 20, 2008

Christmas in July???? - YES!

It's been so hot here in Atlanta lately that I thought I needed to lower the temperature some. What better than to celebrate Christmas in July!
I thought I'd send a little Christmas surprise in the mail (Sue if you're reading this STOP!).

Below are a couple wrapped Christmas presents - I can't say exactly what's in them...Sue, have you been a good girl this year?? LOL


Inside one package is an embellished, knitted glove. I added a scrap of dictionary page, a fabric vintage image and a scrap of fabric - these I sewed together. Then a gold fillegree , some lace and of course some buttons. All these were hand sewn on - I considered fabric glue but didn't think it would hold all the items.



While we're on the Christmas theme I thought I'd show a few items from Christmas' Past. Here are a pair of gloves that I embellished by adding a bit of vintage lace, some findings (held on with a safety pin), some seam binding, stamped shrink plastic and of course....more buttons.Here is a blank journal that I decorated the cover by adding covered slide mounts, some stamping, some paper ephemera, bottle caps, and any Christmas themed doo-dads I could get my hands on. The idea for this journal came from Norma Kooi (who I just love her art and classes!). Her very cool ones and instructions are found on the Art-E-Zine site (http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/slidebk.html. I hope everyone has now been cooled off some by thinking Wintertime...brrrrrr. I sure have - now if I could only get motivated to start those Christmas cards now.

No comments: