Inspired by Kitty's creation I picked up a few vintage gloves at a recent Estate Sale. I added an image transfer of a little girl to the front and covered the raw edges with lace trim. I also added a vintage flower in the corner, some vintage lace, trim pearls and a silk ribbon tied in a bow for the hanger. I filled it with fiber fill and sewed it all up.
Monday, May 31, 2010
A Door Hanging A Day - Day Three
This gorgeous door hanging was created by my sweet and talented friend, Kitty. She sent it to me a few years ago and I just love it!
She used a vintage glove - a nice long one with pretty embroidered flowers at the top. She stuffed it and I think she added a bit of lavendar because it smells sweet. She added one of my favorite items, a dangling watch from a length of lace. A string of pearls, lace and a delicate ribbon complete this beautifully feminine piece. Thank you, Kitty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kim
This is a great use of special finds. The glove idea is great and looks beautiful.
Post a Comment