Friday, February 27, 2009

Valentine book for my sweetie

I recently got a cool new binding machine called The Zutter Bind It All (http://www.binditall.com/). It's a smart looking tool that will punch binding holes in cardstock, heavy cardboard and even plastic and then it will close the metal binding.

I decided to make a quickie booklet for my husband for Valentine's Day. He's a Starbucks junkie so when I saw the idea for a cofee sleeve booklet on the Zutter site I new I had my gift. I started with a few Starbucks sleeves and then punched holes.

I added some pockets that I either folded from some Starbucks flyers, an envelope and even a library pocket. In one of the envelopes I added a Starbucks gift card. Another one I slipped in a Starbucks dark chocolate bar. Finally in the library pocket a Barnes and Noble gift card seemed appropriate. A few lovey-dovey rubber stamps here and there some ribbon and rusty findings on the coil and I was done. He loved it and it was a unique gift.

No comments: