Saturday, November 15, 2008

Flowers~Flowers~Flowers...hey, where are all the leaves

I don't what the recent fascination for me is with all these flowers in my projects...I mean my house is totally surrounded by tons of fall leaves - that should be raked. Shouldn't I be stamping fall stuff?? I don't know what's come over me by I'm punching flowers like a mad woman and I just can't stop.
It all started with the making of a simple "Thank You" card for my local stamp store. Debbie from Rubber Stamp Fantasy called me Thursday night to tell me I was the winner of their monthly drawing for $25 worth of stamp stuff - Woo Hoo!! I was so excited - I don't think I would have been more excited if I had won a new car. Anyways....I wanted to make a quickie thank you card to send off to the store. I decided to use my new Memory Box stamps http://www.memoryboxco.com/ which I purchased at my last visit into the store. As you can see below I used their scroll and flourish type stamps along with a cute little bird and the "thank you" tab. I guess it all snowballed because I don't like to throw away any scraps so my trusty flower punches were on my work table so a punching I began...and a punching...and a punching.
Here's a close up of the bottom half. I added some burgandy colored glitter glue in the centers of all the flowers.
I had so much fun with that card that I decided to make another similar one. Just different colors and utlilizing more of my scraps.I used more black and even did some gold embossing. Here's a closeup of the bottom half:
I then wanted to play around with a Tim Holtz Distress Ink background that was shown this past week on the Hero Arts blog http://www.heroarts.com/ . It uses smooshed distress inks on a
Teflon sheet, spritz with water then smoosh a shipping tag in the ink. Heat set to dry. Again using scraps on my work table - I have a LOT of scraps - I added some more of the Memory Box flourish stamps in brown pigment ink a copy of a vintage photo and yup, you guessed it, more punched flowers.
Here's a card I made for my Mom. I used that flourish again but this time white emossed it on a blue scrap. I then used just a simple scroll stamp and with green pigment ink it kind of looks like a flower stem. See, that way I can now add...yup you guessed it....more punched flowers.

1 comment:

turtleman said...

What is a memory box stamp? Some of us are rookies that don't understand this terminology? I am proud of you for changing, but I don't like the new color. he he